The Mended Hearts Chapter from Central Ohio featured an article written by Dr. John Hummel, cardiologist at the Ohio State University in Columbus, OH on treatment options including FIRM-guided therapy, available to patients with Afib.
Key points from the article included:
An overview of atrial fibrillation
- Risk factors and symptoms
- Complications associated with atrial fibrillation
- How atrial fibrillation is diagnosed
- Treatment options currently available for patients suffering from atrial fibrillation
- A new treatment option now available, FIRM-guided therapy that guides physicians to the source that is sustaining atrial fibrillation
View Dr. Hummel’s entire article on pages 5-6 of Mended Hearts of Central Ohio’s newsletter.